The Commissioners and Royal Commission staff have been visiting a number of service providers around Australia to gain an understanding of a range of services to older people.
The purpose of the site visits to aged care services is to enable the Commissioners to see a range of diverse care settings and services to older people. The range of services considered for site visits include large and small providers; mainstream, specialist and innovative services; and residential, home care and respite services.
The selection of a service for a visit does not reflect any judgement, positive or negative, about the safety and quality of a service.
Service provider visits to date:
- Anglicare (The Ponds, Winston Hills, Rushcutter’s Bay) Sydney
- Bupa Modbury, Modbury, Adelaide
- Carinity - Idalia, Townsville
- Catholic Healthcare - Rooty Hill, Sydney
- Dementia Australia – Melbourne
- Group Homes Australia - St Ives, Sydney
- HammondCare - Hammondville, Sydney
- Jewish Care - South Melbourne, Melbourne
- Juninga Nursing Home & Independent Living Units, Coconut Grove, Darwin
- Kimberley Aboriginal Medical service - Bidyadanga, The Kimberley
- Kincare - Bella Vista, Sydney
- SA Health, Northgate House, Northgate, Adelaide
- Mill Court Inc Homes, Balaklava, SA
- Mercy Health - Westcourt, Cairns
- Our Lady of Consolation Aged Care Services - Rooty Hill, Sydney
- Regis Aged Care Pty Ltd - (Kirwan) Townsville, (Ontario) Mildura
- Royal Flying Doctor Service - Broome, The Kimberley
- Southern Cross Care WA - Broome, The Kimberley
- The Rosha Group, Kiandra Aged Care, Prospect, Adelaide
- Uniting Age Well, Strathdon Community - Forest Hill, Melbourne
- Western Australian Country Health Service - Bidyadanga, The Kimberley
- Wintringham - Port Melbourne, Melbourne
(Sites are listed in alphabetical order).