The Commissioners and Royal Commission staff have been visiting a number of service providers around Australia to gain an understanding of a range of services to older people.
The purpose of the site visits to aged care services is to enable the Commissioners to see a range of diverse care settings and services to older people. The range of services considered for site visits include large and small providers; mainstream, specialist and innovative services; and residential, home care and respite services.
The selection of a service for a visit does not reflect any judgement, positive or negative, about the safety and quality of a service.
Service provider visits to date:
- Dementia Australia – Melbourne
- Dudley Foord house (Anglicare) - The Ponds, Sydney
- Group Homes Australia - St Ives, Sydney
- HammondCare - Hammondville, Sydney
- Jewish Care - South Melbourne, Melbourne
- Kincare - Bella Vista, Sydney
- Our Lady of Consolation Aged Care Services - Rooty Hill, Sydney
- Uniting Age Well, Strathdon Community - Forest Hill, Melbourne
- Wintringham - Port Melbourne, Melbourne
(Sites are listed in alphabetical order).