Community forums are another way that members of the public can engage with the Commission. Forums are taking place in a number of locations around the country. The forums are an opportunity for members of the public to hear about the work of the Commission and to offer their ideas on the challenges and strengths of aged care. This will also be a chance for anyone to propose ideas for improvement.
Launceston Community Forum – Thursday 3 October 2019
A community forum will be held in Launceston, Tasmania. Commissioner, Ms Lynelle Briggs AO will attend.
Location: Hotel Grand Chancellor, 29 Cameron Street, Launceston TAS 7250
Date: Thursday, 3 October 2019
Time: 1:30pm to 4:00pm
There will be a chance to give written feedback to the Commission and to talk to Commission staff. A limited number of people will be able to give a brief statement. If you would like to do so please let us know when you register. Guidelines will be provided to all registered speakers.
You can book your place by:
Telephone: 1800 960 711 (between 8.00am-6.30pm ACST Monday-Friday except public holidays). Interpreter services are available.
Or Eventbrite: https://aged-care-royal-commission-forum-launceston.eventbrite.com.au
The timing and location of future community forums will be announced as they are finalised. Information on future community forums will be published on our website and through our mailing list.
- Rockhampton Community Forum – Tuesday 20 August 2019
- Brisbane Community Forum – Monday 19 August 2019
- Adelaide Community Forum – Monday 12 August 2019
- Townsville Community Forum – Thursday 18 July 2019
- Broome Community Forum – Wednesday 19 June 2019
- West Melbourne Community Forum – Friday 3 May 2019
- Wollongong Community Forum – Wednesday 13 March 2019
- Bendigo Community Forum – Tuesday 5 March 2019
- Bankstown Community Forum – Friday 1 March 2019
For further information, any questions and to stay up to date on the work of the Commission, feel free to get in contact with us.