Service provider visits
The Commissioners and Royal Commission staff have visited a number of service providers around Australia over the course of the Commission to gain an understanding of a range of services to older people.
The purpose of these site visits to aged care services is to enable the Commissioners to see a range of diverse care settings and services to older people. The range of services considered for site visits include large and small providers; mainstream, specialist and innovative services; and residential, home care and respite services.
The selection of a service for a visit does not reflect any judgement, positive or negative, about the safety and quality of a service.
Due to the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and based on information available from the Australian Government, the Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety has suspended all visits, engagements, hearings and workshops, until further notice.
Service provider visits held during 2019
- Aboriginal Community Care (Davoren Park, Mile End) Adelaide
- Anglicare (The Ponds, Winston Hills, Rushcutter's Bay) Sydney
- Bupa Hobart South, Hobart
- Bupa Modbury, Modbury, Adelaide
- Carinity - Idalia, Townsville
- Catholic Healthcare - Rooty Hill, Sydney
- Dementia Australia – Melbourne
- Eldercare Acacia Court, Hendon, Adelaide
- Glenview Community Servicess, Glenorchy, Hobart
- Group Homes Australia - St Ives, Sydney
- HammondCare - Hammondville, Sydney
- Jewish Care - South Melbourne, Melbourne
- Juninga Nursing Home & Independent Living Units, Coconut Grove, Darwin
- Kimberley Aboriginal Medical service - Bidyadanga, The Kimberley
- Kincare - Bella Vista, Sydney
- Mercy Health - Westcourt, Cairns
- Mercy Place Montrose, Montrose VIC
- Mill Court Inc Homes, Balaklava, SA
- Our Lady of Consolation Aged Care Services - Rooty Hill, Sydney
- Regis Aged Care Pty Ltd - (Kirwan) Townsville, (Ontario) Mildura
- Royal Flying Doctor Service - Broome, The Kimberley
- RSL LifeCare, Ada Cottage, Kandos, NSW
- SA Health, Northgate House, Northgate, Adelaide
- Southern Cross Care WA - Broome, The Kimberley
- The Rosha Group, Kiandra Aged Care, Prospect, Adelaide
- Uniting Age Well, Strathdon Community - Forest Hill, Melbourne
- Western Australian Country Health Service - Bidyadanga, The Kimberley
- Western NSW Local Health District, Multi-Purpose Service, Rylstone, NSW
- Wintringham - Port Melbourne, Melbourne
(Sites are listed in alphabetical order).