Regulation of aged care
The Brisbane Hearing inquired into the regulation of aged care, with a focus on quality and safety and how aspects of the current regulatory system operate.
Date: 5 – 9 August 2019
Location: Court 7, Level 2, Commonwealth Law Courts, Harry Gibbs Commonwealth Law Courts Building, 119 North Quay, Brisbane
Time: 9:30am local time
The public hearing inquired into the regulation of aged care, with a focus on:
regulation of quality and safety in aged care and how aspects of the current regulatory system operate
- different approaches to regulation, including in other sectors
- how regulation and oversight of quality and safety in aged care could be improved.
- The Brisbane Hearing closed on Friday 9 August 2019.
- Applications for leave to appear at the public hearing closed 5pm (ACST) on Friday 19 July 2019.
- Copies of exhibit documents relating to this hearing are available on this page.
- Transcripts and a Witness list are available for all days of the hearing.
- A webcast of the hearing is available as well as an audio version.
- Post-hearing submissions were received.
If you are having difficulty viewing any of the documents on this page, or require an accessible format, please email ACRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au.
If you are unable to communicate via email please phone the Royal Commission on 1800 960 711 to make alternative arrangements.
Content Warning: Please be aware that images and descriptions contained within exhibits tendered at hearings of the Royal Commission and public submissions published on this website could be confronting to some.
To see a full list of all exhibits tendered to the Royal Commission please visit the Document Library.
The Royal Commission will publish its reports and other papers as they become available. A range of research papers, background papers and related publications are also available.