Regulation of aged care
The Brisbane Hearing inquired into the regulation of aged care, with a focus on quality and safety and how aspects of the current regulatory system operate.
Date: 5 – 9 August 2019
Location: Court 7, Level 2, Commonwealth Law Courts, Harry Gibbs Commonwealth Law Courts Building, 119 North Quay, Brisbane
Time: 9:30am local time
The public hearing inquired into the regulation of aged care, with a focus on:
regulation of quality and safety in aged care and how aspects of the current regulatory system operate
- different approaches to regulation, including in other sectors
- how regulation and oversight of quality and safety in aged care could be improved.
- The Brisbane Hearing closed on Friday 9 August 2019.
- Applications for leave to appear at the public hearing closed 5pm (ACST) on Friday 19 July 2019.
- Copies of exhibit documents relating to this hearing are available on this page.
- Transcripts and a Witness list are available for all days of the hearing.
- A webcast of the hearing is available as well as an audio version.
- Post-hearing submissions were received.
If you are having difficulty viewing any of the documents on this page, or require an accessible format, please email ACRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au.
If you are unable to communicate via email please phone the Royal Commission on 1800 960 711 to make alternative arrangements.
To see a full list of all exhibits tendered to the Royal Commission please visit the Document Library.
The Royal Commission will publish its reports and other papers as they become available. A range of research papers, background papers and related publications are also available.