Counsel Assisting’s final submissions
For the final hearing, Senior Counsel Assisting, Peter Gray QC and Peter Rozen QC, presented submissions on behalf of the Counsel Assisting team over two days. Counsel submitted recommendations for the consideration of the Commissioners, and for any response by interested parties.
Date: 22-23 October 2020
Location: There was no public access. Watch the hearing on the live webcast.
Time: 9:30am AEDT
The hearing commenced at 9:30am (AEDT) on Thursday, 22 October 2020. It can be viewed through the Royal Commission webcast.
Counsel Assisting's Submissions
Call for responses
In the Final Hearing Senior Counsel Assisting, Peter Gray QC and Peter Rozen QC, presented submissions on behalf of the Counsel Assisting team over two days. Counsel Assisting have also published final written submissions, which include 124 proposed recommendations and an annexure on the timing of implementation of these proposed recommendations.
Any interested person may provide a response to Counsel Assisting’s final submissions and other matters arising at the hearing, including remarks made by Commissioners. Responses must be submitted to the Solicitors Assisting the Royal Commission by email to ACRCfinalsubmissions@royalcommission.gov.au by 4:00pm (AEDT) on 12 November 2020. There will be no extensions of time granted.
Responses to Counsel Assisting’s final submissions must be made in the Form for responding to Counsel Assisting’s final submissions In addition, interested persons may submit a response in a Microsoft Word document of no more than 10 pages.
The Form for responding to Counsel Assisting’s final submissions allows for responses of up to 300 words to:
- each of the 124 recommendations proposed by Counsel Assisting
- eight additional matters addressed in Counsel Assisting’s final submissions, namely:
- My Aged Care and an improved provider search function
- Care at home
- Allied health care
- Workforce: short term arrangements to increase wages
- Direct employment of care workers
- Informal carers: leave entitlement
- Capital financing
- seven topics about which Commissioner Briggs made remarks during the hearing, namely:
- Aged care policy principles
- System design and governance
- Program management
- Provider leadership and culture
- Research and data governance
- Capital financing
To see a full list of all exhibits tendered to the Royal Commission please visit the Document Library.
The Royal Commission will publish its reports and other papers as they become available. A range of research papers, background papers and related publications are also available.