Aged care operations of selected approved providers
The Hobart Hearing inquired into the operations of selected approved providers that operate residential aged care facilities in Tasmania and elsewhere in Australia.
Date: 11 – 15 November 2019
Location: Derwent Room, Wrest Point, 410 Sandy Bay Rd, Sandy Bay, TAS 7005
Time: 10:00 am local time
The hearing commenced at 10am (AEST) on Monday, 11 November 2019. It can be viewed through the Royal Commission's YouTube channel.
At this public hearing, the Royal Commission inquired into the operations of Southern Cross Care (Tas) Inc, particularly at Glenara Lakes Apartments and Yaraandoo Hostel, and Bupa Aged Care Australia at Bupa South Hobart aged care facility with a focus on:
- the governance of particular approved providers of aged care services
- the impact of that governance on the quality and safety of care
- The Hobart Hearing closed on Friday 15 November 2019.
- Applications for leave to appear at the public hearing closed 5pm (ACST) on Wednesday 30 October 2019.
- Copies of exhibit documents relating to this hearing are available on this page.
- Transcripts and a Witness list are available for all days of the hearing.
Content Warning: Please be aware that images and descriptions contained within exhibits tendered at hearings of the Royal Commission and public submissions published on this website could be confronting to some.
To see a full list of all exhibits tendered to the Royal Commission please visit the Document Library.
The Royal Commission will publish its reports and other papers as they become available. A range of research papers, background papers and related publications are also available.