Melbourne Hearing 4
Mental health, oral health and allied health care
Melbourne Hearing 4 inquired into how mental health, oral health and allied health care could be improved for people accessing aged care services.
Date: 15 – 17 July 2020
Location: There was no public access. Watch the hearing on the live webcast.
Time: 10:00am local time
Areas considered were
- increased funding and/or alternative funding models
- incentives for health care professionals to provide services at an individual’s place of residence
- increased training for aged care workers
- clarifying responsibilities of approved providers and implementing performance measures or performance indicators
- Melbourne Hearing 4 closed on Friday 17 July 2020.
- Applications for leave to appear at the public hearing closed 5pm (ACST) on Friday 26 June 2020.
- Copies of documents relating to this hearing are available below.
If you are having difficulty viewing any of the documents on this page, or require an accessible format, please email ACRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au.
If you are unable to communicate via email please phone the Royal Commission on 1800 960 711 to make alternative arrangements.
A live webcast of the hearing is available.
Content Warning: Please be aware that images and descriptions contained within exhibits tendered at hearings of the Royal Commission and public submissions published on this website could be confronting to some.
To see a full list of all exhibits tendered to the Royal Commission please visit the Document Library.
The Royal Commission will publish its reports and other papers as they become available. A range of research papers, background papers and related publications are also available.