Melbourne Hearing 4
Mental health, oral health and allied health care
Melbourne Hearing 4 inquired into how mental health, oral health and allied health care could be improved for people accessing aged care services.
Date: 15 – 17 July 2020
Location: There was no public access. Watch the hearing through the Royal Commission's YouTube channel.
Time: 10:00am local time
The hearing commenced at 10am (AEST) on Wednesday, 15 July 2020. It can be viewed through the Royal Commission's YouTube channel.
Areas considered were
- increased funding and/or alternative funding models
- incentives for health care professionals to provide services at an individual’s place of residence
- increased training for aged care workers
- clarifying responsibilities of approved providers and implementing performance measures or performance indicators
- Melbourne Hearing 4 closed on Friday 17 July 2020.
- Applications for leave to appear at the public hearing closed 5pm (ACST) on Friday 26 June 2020.
- Copies of documents relating to this hearing are available below.
Content Warning: Please be aware that images and descriptions contained within exhibits tendered at hearings of the Royal Commission and public submissions published on this website could be confronting to some.
To see a full list of all exhibits tendered to the Royal Commission please visit the Document Library.
The Royal Commission will publish its reports and other papers as they become available. A range of research papers, background papers and related publications are also available.