Sydney Hearing 3
The physical setting in which aged care is delivered and where a person receiving aged care lives are inextricable elements of a person’s experience of aged care.
Date: 13 and 14 August 2020
Location: There will be no public access. Please follow the hearing on the live webcast.
Time: 3.10pm AEST (13 August 2020)
To explore the topic of accommodation, the Royal Commissioners will a hold a public hearing with issues to be considered including:
- appropriate building and design standards for aged care delivery
- physical design and models of residential aged care, including ‘small home models’ and dementia-friendly design
- access to secure housing for aged care delivery
- incentivising movement to alternative accommodation for the provision of aged care services
- innovative accommodation models for ageing in place and interaction with aged care supports.
Leave to appear
Applications for leave to appear at the public hearing from anyone who considers that they have a direct and substantial interest in the matters that will be examined at the public hearing must be received by 5pm (ACST) on Friday 31 July 2020.
Individuals who have been invited or required to give evidence at the public hearing are invited to make an application for leave to appear. Any application for leave to appear will be determined in accordance with Practice Guideline 3 and must be made using the Royal Commission’s application form.
Practice Guideline 3 and the application for leave to appear form are available for download below:
To see a full list of all exhibits tendered to the Royal Commission please visit the Document Library.
The Royal Commission will publish its reports and other papers as they become available. A range of research papers, background papers and related publications are also available.