Sydney Hearing 3
Sydney Hearing 3 inquired into the physical setting in which aged care is delivered and where a person receiving aged care lives are inextricable elements of a person’s experience of aged care.
Date: 13 and 14 August 2020
Location: There was no public access. Watch the hearing on the live webcast.
Time: 3:10pm AEST (13 August 2020)
To explore the topic of accommodation, the Royal Commissioners held a public hearing to consider issues including:
- appropriate building and design standards for aged care delivery
- physical design and models of residential aged care, including ‘small home models’ and dementia-friendly design
- access to secure housing for aged care delivery
- incentivising movement to alternative accommodation for the provision of aged care services
- innovative accommodation models for ageing in place and interaction with aged care supports.
- Sydney Hearing 3 closed on Friday 14 August 2020.
- Applications for leave to appear at the public hearing closed 5pm (ACST) on Friday 31 July 2020.
- Copies of documents relating to this hearing are available below.
If you are having difficulty viewing any of the documents on this page, or require an accessible format, please email ACRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au.
If you are unable to communicate via email please phone the Royal Commission on 1800 960 711 to make alternative arrangements.
To see a full list of all exhibits tendered to the Royal Commission please visit the Document Library.
The Royal Commission will publish its reports and other papers as they become available. A range of research papers, background papers and related publications are also available.