Sydney Hearing 4
At this hearing, the Commissioners examined some of the key design issues for a new home care system and how to transition to a new system.
Date: 31 August - 2 September 2020
Location: There was no public access. Watch the hearing on the live webcast.
Time: 10am (AEST)
Recent research commissioned by the Royal Commissioners reveals that older people have a strong preference to stay in their own homes should they ever have a need for support or care (What Australians Think of Ageing and Aged Care, Roy Morgan, July 2020). At Adelaide Hearing 4, Counsel Assisting submitted that the improvement and expansion of aged care in people's homes and their communities must be a major focus of any re-designed system.
At this hearing, Commissioners considered key features, including:
- employment and engagement arrangements for home care workers
- qualifications and training for home care workers
- safeguards for older people receiving care in their homes
- regulation of aged care services delivered to people in their homes and in the community.
- Sydney Hearing 4 closed on Wednesday 2 September 2020.
- Applications for leave to appear at the public hearing closed 5pm (ACST) on Monday 17 August 2020.
- Copies of documents relating to this hearing are available below.
If you are having difficulty viewing any of the documents on this page, or require an accessible format, please email ACRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au.
If you are unable to communicate via email please phone the Royal Commission on 1800 960 711 to make alternative arrangements.
Content Warning: Please be aware that images and descriptions contained within exhibits tendered at hearings of the Royal Commission and public submissions published on this website could be confronting to some.
To see a full list of all exhibits tendered to the Royal Commission please visit the Document Library.
The Royal Commission will publish its reports and other papers as they become available. A range of research papers, background papers and related publications are also available.