Regulation of aged care
The Royal Commission held a public hearing in Brisbane from Monday 5 August 2019 to Friday 9 August 2019. The public hearing inquired into the regulation of aged care, with a focus on:
- regulation of quality and safety in aged care and how aspects of the current regulatory system operate
- different approaches to regulation, including in other sectors
- how regulation and oversight of quality and safety in aged care could be improved.
- The Brisbane Hearing closed on Friday 9 August 2019.
- Applications for leave to appear at the public hearing closed 5pm (ACST) on Friday 19 July 2019.
- Copies of exhibit documents relating to this hearing are available on the Public hearings – 5-9 August 2019 page.
- Transcripts and a Witness list are available for all days of the hearing.
- A webcast of the hearing is available as well as an audio version.
If you are having difficulty viewing any of the documents on this page, or require an accessible format, please email ACRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au.
If you are unable to communicate via email please phone the Royal Commission on 1800 960 711 to make alternative arrangements.