Younger people in residential aged care
The Royal Commission held a public hearing in Melbourne from Monday 9 September 2019 to Wednesday 11 September 2019 and Friday 13 September 2019. The Royal Commission inquired into:
- the policy responsibilities of the aged care system, the social service system and health systems
- the interfaces between the aged care system, social service system and health systems
- the profile of younger people in residential aged care and any specific circumstances which drive the admission of younger people into residential aged care
- the care of a younger person while they are in a residential aged care facility, and how this may impede their exit from residential aged care
- the special challenges faced by younger people seeking appropriate accommodation
- the nature of services typically provided to younger people in residential aged care
If you are having difficulty viewing any of the documents on this page, or require an accessible format, please email ACRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au.
If you are unable to communicate via email please phone the Royal Commission on 1800 960 711 to make alternative arrangements.