Provision of aged care in regional areas
The Royal Commission held a public hearing in Mudgee from Monday 4 November 2019 to Wednesday 6 November 2019. At this public hearing, the Royal Commission inquired into the provision of aged care in regional and remote areas, with a focus on:
- the perspective and experience of people who access or are involved in aged care in regional and remote areas
- challenges associated with delivering aged care in regional and remote areas
- models for and approaches to delivering aged care in regional and remote areas, including Multi-Purpose Services.
The Royal Commission has approached the bodies and individuals from whom it seeks evidence for this public hearing.
- The Mudgee Hearing closed on Wednesday 6 November 2019.
- Applications for leave to appear at the public hearing closed 5pm (ACST) on Thursday 17 October 2019.
- Copies of exhibit documents relating to this hearing are available on the Public Hearings 4 - 6 November 2019 page.
- Transcripts and a Witness list are available for all days of the hearing.
- A webcast of the hearing is available as well as an audio version.
If you are having difficulty viewing any of the documents on this page, or require an accessible format, please email ACRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au.
If you are unable to communicate via email please phone the Royal Commission on 1800 960 711 to make alternative arrangements.