The Royal Commission held a public hearing in Sydney from Monday 6 May 2019 to Wednesday 8 May 2019, and from Monday 13 May 2019 to Friday 17 May 2019. The public hearing inquired into:
- the perspective and experience of people in residential aged care and people living with dementia, and their family and carers
- quality and safety in residential aged care, particularly for people living with dementia
- the use of restrictive practices in residential aged care
- the extent to which the current aged care system meets the needs of people in residential aged care
- good practice care for people living with dementia, particularly in the context of residential aged care.
The Royal Commission has approached the bodies and individuals from whom it seeks evidence for this public hearing.
Leave to appear
- Applications for leave to appear at the public hearing closed at 5pm (ACST) on Friday 26 April 2019.
The Sydney Hearing round closed on Friday 17 May 2019.
If you are having difficulty viewing any of the documents on this page, or require an accessible format, please email ACRCenquiries@royalcommission.gov.au.
If you are unable to communicate via email please phone the Royal Commission on 1800 960 711 to make alternative arrangements.