Submissions on the impact of COVID-19
Submissions on the impact of COVID-19 and in response to the matters to be examined in the hearing on COVID-19 commencing on 10 August 2020 will remain open until Friday, 4 September 2020.
Submissions addressing the response to the COVID-19 pandemic in aged care, and what can be learned from this experience for responding to future pandemics, infectious disease outbreaks or other emergencies, including:
- the role and responsibilities of State, Territory and Federal governments in responding to such crises in aged care services
- what should be done and by whom in the future to support the aged care sector to respond to pandemics, infectious disease outbreaks or other emergencies
- the balance between managing risks posed by a future pandemic or infectious disease outbreak and maintaining the overall health and wellbeing of aged care recipients including their mental health and quality of life
- the measures taken by the health and aged care sectors to respond to the pandemic including transporting infected residents to hospital
- the impact of those measures on older Australians receiving aged care services, their families and their carers
- challenges faced by the aged care sector including those relating to management, workforce and access to personal protective equipment
- any other related matters.
Submissions on these matters are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 4 September 2020.